02-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #34
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Parts retailers (including Euro's GSF, BMW, Mercedes) will have different tiers of "trade discount" which will be based on volume of business as well as other parameters, which is exactly what Dopescope stated.

Euro's for instance do the various code voucher offers which are attractive and drive the discount orientated customer in to purchase, which is IMO why they've managed to monopolise to a degree the market place.

As for supplying parts and offering discounts re labour rates that's all down to the individual establishment, I see a labour rate as a labour rate, you'd have a pre set agenda re what / how you charge (retail, trade, car club, forum etc.) and the best way forward is that price is set stick to it that way everyone is equal, re the parts they come to you a 'X' amount as the provider of a service if you run a garage you know what the parts cost you charge according hence before hand you'd always ask retail, when the part arrives you know what it costs you and there in lies what you can done re pricing the part attractively for the customer.

The other point I'd make re customers supplying their own parts is that on quite a few occassions we've had people show up with parts they've supplied only to discover they are incorrect/incomplete, either labelled incorrectly with a bar code(happens with Euro's fairly often) or with items missing. When this happens and you cars on the ramp it can put the customer in a bit of a position...
Thanks for giving an alternative and relevant perspective on this. Appreciate your help and in the other thread too!

I was going to email you for a quote on Friday but your garage is 2.5 hours away from me
Appreciate 0