02-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #35
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post
Thanks for giving an alternative and relevant perspective on this. Appreciate your help and in the other thread too!

I was going to email you for a quote on Friday but your garage is 2.5 hours away from me
Not a problem....... thing is with this sort of business like many there are different customers, different service providers, and the expierienced are or can be mixed......some have been burnt by what they have been charged some have been left underwhelmed by the end result.

Re overcharging for example sometimes this can boil down to what the customer feels thst they should pay v what the service provider actually charges. You look at the labour rates thst are touted about some are very in my eyes cheap and customers are of course happy others charge more and you may see a different reaction re the work done as the labour charge can dominate the customer expierience and I'll make no excuses re the fact thar as I've seen on here we are not the cheapest re labour rates but we are fair re pricing for whst we to what we have to offer.

As for the work undertaken it's down mainly to the individual looking after the car and their ethical approach to the task in hand.