djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeslope View Post
I would say BYOP is great, but there needs to be a good relationship between the garage and its customers, trust and communication is vital.

Steve you are such a good advert for your garage that I'm well p***ed off your so far away
This is the key and this understanding between the customer and garage is vital.

I phoned Steve in the past RE supplying my own brakes. Steve's stance is clear, don't fit cheap stuff because you are way more likely to have issues, and if you have issues, it's really your problem for going against recommendations. And that's completely fair to me. If you go against the recommendations of a professional, then you are liable for the consequences. They recommend using BMW genuine, because this way customer is less likely to re-visit the garage with issues.

I'm sure Steve's team don't want to be trying to figure out why some £20 pads are squealing either, that's just not a rewarding task, especially when you know there are better quality parts that prevent such issues.

So I ordered genuine discs and pads and Steve's guys fitted them. 5000 miles in and not a single squeak. I was tempted to go with the Bosch, which seem to be OK and were £100 cheaper. There are so few people running them it's hard to gauge their quality.

Steve's labour rates are good and he has a customer for life as far as I am concerned. In fact I may even break my full BMWSH on the new car, because my experience with BMW servicing is so poor in comparison.

Also RE: Mister auto. They sent me a £5 off code, for leaving stuff in the basket!
Appreciate 1