04-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
why hasn't somebody invented electric vehicles that produce their own electricity? or at least that use the air wooshing through/around the car to keep the batteries charged?

there would seem to be many different options...the air example I suggested above...then there's the fact that the wheels/axles/trannies spin, which would seemingly be able to produce some electricity that could be used then to power/charge something...

I would, I guess, think that by now someone would have figured out a way to use a small bit of gasoline to get the "system" started, but once going, it should seemingly be self powering to a large extent...

so that's my question...
Good questions. I think many people forget that electic vehicles still require to be charged up and we can't forget that the electricity has to come from somewhere and therefore there still is the environmental impact to consider.

I like the idea of using the wheels/axles to recharge the batteries with an alternator. Wind is another interesting one. Maybe one day we'll see mini wind turbines behind the kidney grilles