View Single Post
      06-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
theYardie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
What does work have to do with anything? I'm self employed and have been for 16 years and my "credit app" to BMWFS was a joke and they made no attempt to verify any income. Basically boiled down to credit report and score.
Yeah, I don't see how work has anything to do with your taxes. And although I haven't leased from BWW before, I did finance my first car through them initially until I changed finance companies. They never called my work to verify employment. In fact, the only times this has ever happened was when I bought real estate.

If they really want proof of employment they should also ask for a couple of your most recent pay stubs, like they do when you buy a house. What's stopping people from making up fictitious companies, like Vandalay Industries, and having their spouse/friend answer the phone to verify employment?

Do you know anyone in any of the PA offices? If so, ask them for permission to use their office number and get them to vouch for you. Honestly, I would just give them the address of one of the PA offices along with my bosses phone number. If you have a good relationship with your boss you could explain the situation to him. But I wouldn't worry about it much if I were you. Besides, the salesperson is probably jus misinformed (yeah, it's never happened before).

EDIT: I'm not an expert in this area and tax/leasing laws in your state may be different from mine. I'm just sharing from personal experience and what your salesperson said just doesn't compute.