View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #193
wrh3
Car Guy
Rep
Drives: 2005 MCS, 2013 Corvette 427

Symmetry with plastic strut brace caps

Thanks to Orb, Mr 5, and Harold for the info in these M3 suspension parts threads- noticeable difference after installing the M3 wishbone and tension links months ago on our 335.

I've had the brace for a while but just have not had time to install it. I knew before I ordered the brace that the plastic cap for the passenger side did not appear to snap into the metal strut brace mount since the driver and passenger side mounts were different, but the caps were the same. I will be doing downpipes in the next few days and may have to install the O2 fix, I figured I would go ahead and fix the passenger side plastic cap to work like I wanted it to since I would install the new brace while I had things apart to get to the ECU.

I traced one of the small prongs on to masking tape and cut it out so I would have a template front and back for reference. I used a Dremel tool with a sanding disc to gradually and carefully remove material from the large prong until it matched the smaller ones. Only took about 20 minutes and now it is symmetrical with the driver side.....I know, I am pretty AR.

Bill- 2005 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Corvette 427
www.billswebspace.com/bmwindex BMW CCA Member # 389948
Appreciate 0