View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
i mean the clutch is no big deal and i will likely buy something today, but you really think the fly wheel is done so? i thought those things were suppose to last a while and whatnot.

i figured that with a modded car the faster wear on the clutch is eminent, but for the flywheel to go out too? is there anyway to tell before taking the whole thing apart?
It would normally last a while, but you burned your clutch several times. That can easily produce hot spots on your flywheel and leave clutch material on the flywheel. This makes the surface un-even and prone to slipping with a new clutch.

Without seeing your car in person and taking it apart nobody really knows. However, it's always recommended to replace your OEM flywheel when you get a new clutch anyway.

Some people resurface them but I never recommend it as there are too many horror stories of people going to shops that end up screwing it up. This is not your typical flywheel on a Honda or Subaru, it is a Dual mass flywheel, so it requires specialized shop to resurface it properly.

If done improperly it will ruin your new clutch.
Appreciate 0