nosmo72
No Way
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makisupa View Post
I took a look at the photos of your car on Facebook, looks real good. I talked to down shift awhile back about the shark fin. Was curious to know if you got it wrapped or plastidipped it? Can't decide if I want to leave it silver or go black. (I also have a TiAg) If I go black with it I wanna get it to match, or REAL close to it at least. Looks good though man! Once I get my new wheels I'm def gonna hit up Doug and get my roof done!!!!
Thanks! A while back when I scheduled my appointment with Doug he let me know that the shark fin doesn't hold up well when wrapped. It can be done and I've seen others wrap it on the forum but I believe they use two pieces so you end up with a seem. That would of bothered me every time I looked at it. I didn't want to plasti dip since I went with a gloss black vinyl so the matte wouldn't look good.

I had three weeks before my appointment with Doug so I ended up ordering an OEM shark fin replacement from BMW for like $50 and had my body shop paint it for me. My brother and I get a lot of work done there and they ended up not charging me for the paint so I think it was worth it to go that route.

IMO....you need to go black on the fin. Leaving it silver just looks tacky. What are you getting for wheels?
Appreciate 0