PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
You brought out several ambiguities in my OP. TY for calling them to my attention. I usually am not so loosey-goosey and unclear in my written statements. Apologies.

Turn Signals at Lights:
Around DC there are a lot of places there are two or three lanes on either side of the road and while you can make a legal left turn; however, if you approached the light and didn't have signal on, folks think you are going straight and stay behind you. If you had put your turn signal on, folks would have moved over to the adjacent lane so as not to get stuck behind you. Ditto downtown in DC where at rush hour, you can often only get one turning car through the signal before the signal turns. The turners have to yield to pedestrians and they have to yield to oncoming traffic on the other side.

Rush hour brakers:
Bumper to bumper crawls isn't what I meant. (I haven't actually been in that type of rush hour traffic in over 10 years.) I wasn't clear enough in my OP. I really meant the traffic that's at the early or late part of rush hour. The rush hour comprised of either early birds or stragglers and the traffic is moving along at speed. TY for pointing out my oversight.

Emergency Vehicles:
I really meant the ones with the lights flashing and obviously headed to an emergency.

Making Way: (With regard to no single prior comment)
I agree that folks don't need to move just because I'm moving faster than they. But I don't think they need to move into the left lane and just hang out there. Most particularly when they are in the left and going on and on and on at a pace where nobody else can pass them or the person to their right. I probably should have said it that way(or something more or less like that) at first.

One I forgot to mention:
  • Drivers who do more than drink non-alcoholic beverages while driving. This especially includes women applying makeup, people reading anything besides street signs and the like, and folks holding a telephone up to their ear. Why they can't just find a damn place to pull over and do their "business" is beyond me.
No issues on my part then

I just hate it when there's a car weaving in and out in thick traffic and ultimately cutting someone off and force that person to brake hard (and I could be the person behind the person cut off). I also hate it when people tail gate me while I'm not at the fast lane and all other lanes are free and open.
Appreciate 0