View Single Post
      07-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Hmmm,

This thread, I feel, could go badly wrong if its not moderated and if Darran doesnt come back to answer questions and respond to feedback, however, with the best hope that it goes well - this is what I have to say...

I have the Carbon Fibre Front Splitters - the fitment is very good, but the parts themselves are not cost effective against replica parts of a similar or equal quality.

I also have a 335D and echo Carls words. The 335D is not catered for like the 330D is - its clearly down to unit sales, but its still annoying as the 335D should be the flagship and it stands to reason to me that a higher percentage of 335D owners will look to modify than 330D owners would, so the simple number of cars sold should not be the only variable considered.

Both the 335I and 335D suffer from a lack of rear diffuser options - the dual exit exhaust is not covered by any part, this is an oversight for the above reasons I feel.

The lack of dealer interest/knowledge/support is unfortunate. As these are BMW endorsed parts, I would expect ANY dealer to know what I am talking about when I ask questions. In addition, dealers dont seem to like cars which have been touched by these parts - although I would never expect an increase in value, I am aware of at least one dealer who frowns heavily on my carbon splitter, even though its a BMW part.

I am encouraged that the range is available, but I am pissed I cant take advantage due to my car, and that if I do, I will have to deal with idiots to get the parts I want, and when I get them, my car may be marked down in terms of value or P/X standard as a result.

My ten penneth!!

Matt
Appreciate 0