View Single Post
      09-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #125
oca123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: db9, e92

Regarding this midbass volume issue for people with trunk subs.... Technic, you mention that you use your amp's gains to raise the volume for the underseat channels after running the acoustic measurements, and I have been doing the same. This is because we set up our speakers as a 2-way front, with a crossover somewhere around 150-200.

Could you do me a favor? I decided to try something different and I set it up as follows:
Front: 1-way (front mid/tweets, passive)
Sides: underseat, high-pass 50Hz ADMW-9
Rears: 1-way (backseat mid/tweets, passive)
Subs: 1 channel (trunk sub)
with one channel left over (will be used for center when I get the speaker)

I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but it seems to sound much better this way, and I was able to just match the gains before running the sweeps and the mid-bass ended up strong with no need to readjust the gains, resulting in a much higher overall volume as well.

I would like to find someone else with a trunk sub and some underseats to do the same. Would you mind trying and letting me know? I see you have both sides and rears so you may need to disconnect the sides or rears for this test. Since it sounds better each and every time you run acoustic measurements I'm sure you won't mind tryingm will you?

Kaigoss if I remember correctly you are not running a trunk sub so it wouldn't work for you.

Last edited by oca123; 09-15-2010 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0