View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
Reading back over your last post - it seems as though you have attempted to install a JB4, messed up, it has generated tuner/shadow codes and stored them, and this has flagged up when the dealer has plugged it in. If this is what has happened, the only thing you can do now is find someone with a BT scanner/a good diagnostics machine and get them to clear the shadow/tuner codes. Then you need to go to a different dealer (i suggest you go back to the dealer you bought the car off, as dealers are a lot more helpful with warranty/servicing etc if you have bought the car off them) and play dumb, don't mention anything about JB4's or having work refused elsewhere etc etc and hope they fix the gearbox issue for you.
I'm sure I've read that once a code is thrown indicating the car might be chipped BMW keeps a record of it on their system.

I suppose the only other possibility is to ask BMW when/date they thought the car was chipped, if that date is prior to the OP taking ownership than its clear the dealer was at fault for selling it as an AUC car....
Appreciate 0