View Single Post
      05-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #23
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW E91 320d

Originally Posted by Broken1
Well, the 330d has alot more power and more torque. If you do alot of driving in open roads, where you can use the power then I think it's worth it. Cars however, are an expense. If you are happy with a 320d, and you think it has enough power - there isn't much more enjoyment in a 330d. Rather take the spare money, invest it and in 4 years time you could be buying something alot nicer.

Alternatively, take the extra money - take yourself overseas, or buy a camera or use it to buy some goodies for the car.

Clearly it seems it's not down to money - in my case it was, as a 330d was 1/3 more expensive than a 320d making it way out of budget (R100 000more). I'm very happy with my 320d, it's such a fun car.

I leave it planted in 4th, and just cruise. When I see a nice sweeping bend, tap the accelerator and let the torque pull me through the corner. There isn't a better feeling. (Ok ok maybe revving that straight six to 7000rpm, but we are talking tractors here)

Do you actually feel a push in the back if you accelerate in 4th gear? What speeds are you talking about then? I have the impression mine is just slow in 4th and 5th (even in 3rd under 2500-3000 rpm).