Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
Well if you're unsure, don't do it!

I used to have an RSX that I rust proofed every year. The car had certain spots that would leak (i.e. where water would leak after a car wash), after three years of rust proofs, you could start to see the lines where the liquid would ooze out from. Drove me nuts.

It's different for the BMW, they use better materials and you have a 12 year corrosion warranty. Then again, it's only $100 so if it makes you stop stressing, take out the brownie and be done with it
Well I never believed in it before after having my RSX for 4 yrs, then rust started to show up so, I also started going to Krown before it gets worst.

12 yrs corrosion warranty?! I am a bit skeptical on that, did anyone ever tried claiming that? BMW will prolly tell you we offered you the electronic rust protection thing but you declined. I think someone here mentioned that the corrosion warranty is only for certain parts not all. If that was the case then BMW will use that as a selling point and no BMW owner will ever get rust proofing.

In Germany they do not use salt so the cars will hardly have rust problems. I am only concern about the boring of holes.
Appreciate 0