Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp330Cic.au View Post
So this decision gets more complex...

You know when I normally choose a BMW it is for me, so it is all about emotion - I choose the motor (fastest I can afford), I choose the interior and exterior colour.
When I am choosing for my wife - it makes life harder. She wants Gold / Artic Silver, black or Sparkling Graphite. I want Titanium Silver or Alpine White(hey I have to wash one black car already)
She doesn't care about the motor - I want the six.

But now with the deals BMW are offering with finance, it seems that a new M Sport 320 touring will be around the same (within $3k) as a demonstrator, one year old 323.
As the deal ends 30 June, I still don't get the exact specifications that I want. But I have to spend another $10k to get exactly what I want, which may not be worth it.

I am leaning towards the 1 year old 323, but another dealer tells me that it is a 'press car' so it has been thrashed.
Would you buy a 'press car' if it is one of those, or is it a risk?

I once bought a Z3 2.8 which was used in the celebrity race for the F1 in Melbourne. I didn't know when I bought it and it was fine until I sold it.
A few wise words for you mate.
- never let the dealer push you into a sale. The june 30 deal end date is just fluff to try and get you to sign up there & then.
- never compromise, be patient, don't settle for second best and wait until you find what you want for the price you want. (Under reasonable assumptions).

As for the 323i press vehicle, i wouldn't be apprehensive, but it wouldn't prevent me from purchasing, you can use this as a way to get them to drop the price. Remember it's them that want your sale and selling high end cars is only going to get harder for these guys going forward in the current economic climate.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0