01-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
kitercarlos
Spain
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by aermet View Post
Yes, I know. I'm sorry.

It's something I work on with a bmw tech friend of mine after hours in his spare time. I keep insisting on just wiring them up the known way and he keeps insisting that we do it the oem way. It's hilarious as I've had my brand new car for 2 months now, have a paddle shifter wheel, and they still don't work.

The 2 missing wires were discovered after hooking my car up several times to the computer in the shop in order to compare wiring diagrams between 2XA equipped and not equipped cars. I have to hand it to him, he's a stud with his bmw experience and knowledge, and persistent as all hell to keep at this to find a proper solution.

As mentioned, it's going to take most likely another week or so to try this out and wire to see if it works-getting the proper pins to place into harness plugs and finding the time. He has a good feeling that this is the key.

We've checked part numbers for almost all relevant modules, traced wiring on diagram from shifters through all harnesses and plugs, and double checked the coding and this is the only difference we've found. There's no way to tell if it's the single reason, but paddles will definitely not work without this connection.

I'm amazed that production would go through the trouble to have 2 different harnesses in this situation. Different part numbers and 2 different harnesses just for two 36 in pieces wire on an already existent harness/plug. He says that it's quite common though.

I'll report back as soon as a solution is found.
Hi, any news? I'm stuck, I've got the paddles fitted, and the wires install in the plug behind the steering wheel but I don't know where they finish, I´m looking in all the modules but I have no clue in wich module and plug is, Can you tell me something?

Thank you
Appreciate 0