View Single Post
      11-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #24
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4r_dr1v3r View Post
What manufacturers do you buy? Which is your favorite brand for non-race models?

Great collection!! :w00t:
I started collecting in 02 and stopped in 04. Most of the 1:18 scale cars of good quality range from 39 to 200 depending on the brand. For example UT models were 34-39 dollars and had amazing detail for the price. Those 993 porsches and E36 bimmers that I posted are UT and UT is no longer in business as they were bought out by Minichamps ( And yes....they are worth a MINT right now in collector street value) Minichamps, Kyosho, and Autoart start at 49 and go to about 75 dollars. On these cars the paint is a little smoother and the detail is more furious. At the top of the Food Chain is Exoto, These cars are priced from 100-250 dollars and the detail shows. The Jackie Stewart Ford, the yellow Renault F1, and the Red 1990 Standox Ferrari F1 are Exoto Pieces and the quality is out of this world but you pay for it.

The M3 GTR's in my collection are Minichamps but are very high quality and HEAVY by Minichamps standards. Looking at these models you'd swear these were EXOTO Pieces. Minichamps REALLY stepped it up with these pieces.

The Benetton F1 BMW and the Nelson Piquet F1 Models are minichamps also but the detail is furious and you'd mistake it for an Exoto also.

The BASF and BMW Motorsport ///M1's are simply out of this world with the quality and these are also very heavy by 1:18 standards.

And one of my Absolute best pieces (And there are alot) is the Dealer Edition Roberto Ravalglia E30 ///M3 by Minichamps. But I'm an absolute sucker for E30 ///M's

Right now UT Models sell for rediculous prices on ebay because they've been discontinued. Certain models (once discontinued) incur huge price spikes because they're not easily available anymore.

Also if you buy a Dealer Edition of any car it is worth considerably more even if it's the same as a non dealer edition model.

Dealer Editions usually come in a plain black box but is encased in styrofoam. A non dealer edition model comes in a flimsy box that can easily be damaged.

I'll start collecting some E46 Touring Cars and E90 cars and some E60's sometime next year. I've probably paid close to 7 grand on my collection but the street value now on some of these pieces I could easily double that if I decided to sell.

I didn't realize I had all these cars in my collection because I just put them away in storage. I will take a group photo soon...........More to come