11-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #435
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
So I would tend to agree with all of the above... but for a huge caveat. The 328 is definitely a "luxury car with spunk". The problem is that most of the "tangible" components carry over to the 335, which would be my basis of comparison, for the reason that the M falls into an entirely different product line, while the 335 still technically defines the maximum 3-series. And here we have a problem. The seats wouldn't change to the 335; neither, I should think, would the steering response - the cars aren't different enough to justify it (unless they're separating the 335 out more in this model year and all of those will actually differ). I would almost even wonder if the 335 even has a different suspension - the 328 and the 335 shared them before, which would simply be tragic if it were the case here.

For what it's worth, one of the main reasons I bought a BMW the first time was my boss at the time heard I was car shopping, threw me the keys to his e28 and said "let's drive". Five minutes later it was a done deal.

I'm not sure I'd be as impressed now.
you have a point for sure... but then again, you've also been spoiled by superior body control from your coilovers on the e90 and now with the more sportily tuned suspension of the R. i am sure a stock e90 335 would feel like jello as well once you have gotten used to a well matched set of shocks/springs.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0