02-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I did the same thing with my last car. Spent close to a grand. In the end it was stolen overseas when I sent it out for some custom work...long story.

My point is, buy a tablet and get a much more "pre-integrated" experience that you now just need to power and mount!
I do buy into the whole tablet/android topic, but then on the flip side, how easy/difficult would it be do add a usb/reversing cam and integrate that to a tablet? with a pc it wouldn't be that difficult.

Its things like this that make me fair with the carputer.. also and i guess its a biased one, I had pretty much bought and researched (stacks of reading) many of the core components, and as such am more inclined to go down this route..

update: 8" sunlight readable screen purchased and initial testing phase complete.

current - working on trying to relocate the factory headunit/CCC to the boot/trunk - something which i'm having difficulty with - to start off with I have iDrive, so it would mean extending the LVDS cable from the front of the car to the back - how would I do that??
Appreciate 0