05-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #69
Got-Torque
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
Maybe. But can get complicated due to how the DDE checks itself.

However, there are definitely ways to optimize behavior when making hardware modifications that are easier to do by remapping the DDE.

As an example, testing a new version of the DDE from Jarek has found some power over the older DDE I've been running.

This weekends measurements show about 20 whp improvement over the previous DDE.

Note: The way I'm measuring hp/tq is different than Jarek, so direct hp/tq numbers are not valid.
I'm impressed you are finding more power almost weekly...

Just a couple of observations from your graphs: With an external gate setup, I expected to see it flat line at your opening point, is it simply creating more pressure than can escape at your opening amount or is it set to crack open higher than shown in your graph?

Also, I like your IAT temps. Did they drop with the change in LP turbo? Does your water/meth affect those readings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
OK, so there is enough interest that I will provide a tune similar to the one I did for TDIwyse. Going to add some additional refinement before I release it. Cannot get to that for a week or so. I will ask for $40 as a way to cover expenses past and future. Exceptions maybe made for folks willing to participate in further research and are equipped to provide the needed data. Send me a PM if you are interested.
thanks for doing this, glad to contribute.
Appreciate 0