View Single Post
      05-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #81
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
I have the PerfExpert but have only played with it minimally. The challenge for me is I live Downtown and any safe area to get the measurement is a good drive away. My set-up is nothing fancy. Open diff, stock intercooler, gutted DPF with DOC intact, stock exhaust with gutted SCR, no meth and no piggybacks, the wonderful JR2.8 and xHP3. I will do it this week, however, as I'm away the week after. Forecast for rain

TDI, what do you set as minimum rpm in PerfExpert. Looks like 2k from your graphs, can you please confirm.
If you don't have a good, safe, flat, smooth, dry, testing road, PerfExpert is likely a sub-optimum tool. A chassis dyno would likely be a better choice.

I do use 2k as the starting point, which seems to be a reasonable choice.

Some example car specs I use can be seen here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=124

The CdA value is very slightly higher than "stock" as I have mudflaps. The actual values for some of the car's parameters don't have to be exact to get useful results, if you are looking at relative changes in behavior. Just keep it consistent from test to test.

The pitch factor is more finicky ... You can dial this parameter in by comparing the shift point rpm's on the PerfExpert logs vs TestO or Torque logs. Lowering the pitch factor makes PerfExpert think the rpm's are higher, raising pitch factor moves it the other way.