07-19-2010, 03:06 AM   #9
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
PINeely and WWONG might be more entertained by The Fast and The Furious. I'm with you BlueMan...Chris Nolan got skills. Memento, Batman Begins, Inception might be his best work.
No, I am more entertained by movies that don't blow. Batman Begins was fantastic, but Inception left a lot to be desired. It was so unnecessarily complicated and long that it was impossible for me to enjoy. It had a lot of the same problems that Avatar had for me. Avatar was also visually stunning, but I saw Pocahontas when I was like 8, and the story just isn't new (not to mention the stupid film-school tactics used to make the movie seem pertinent and smart; they are destroying a planet's way of life to obtain precious resources what could this possibly be a reference to in our pop culture?). The story isn't new in Inception either. How many times have you heard someone say "what if it was all just a dream?" What little of a plot there is based on this old and tired musing, and the rest on a man who is paid vast sums of money to put people to sleep and rape their subconscious mind, not unlike Christopher Nolan does with Inception.
Appreciate 0