View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

BMW Perf Susp for E91?

So I would really like to upgrade the suspension on our E91 to the BMW Performance set up. I had the full kit (second generation) on my E90 335 and it was perfect. I loved the way it handled and was still a comfortable daily driver. I didn’t see a kit listed on Tischer’s site so I sent them a message and there is no kit available for the E91. I am thinking about piecing together one by ordering the majority of the parts on their own but I am not sure how to choose the springs and dampers. My thinking is I could use Sedan parts up front meant for a similar build (6MT, M sport) and it should be close enough, but the rear is where the extra weight is on the wagon, so I am not sure where to start for those. Do the “D” tags on the springs map 1 to 1 to equivalent Performance springs? If so, I assume I could get close by going that route. Would E93 stuff work (if it exists)? I really don’t want coil overs and am not excited about the amount of drop from the popular aftermarket kits from Eibach and H&R.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0