View Single Post
      03-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #13
weareweird69
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon View Post
Can you confirm the bearings are bad with a test that does not involve replacing them?..
Not really, unless by using a meter or oscilloscope to test, but that requires a known good ABS sensor.

Quote:
Did you test the new sensors to see if they are sending signal through the wiring?
They are BRAND NEW BMW equipment sensors.

Quote:
Can the computer receive those signals through the wiring connections?
The Computer shows No sign of any sensors. Old or New. When data logging the speed remains at "too low"

Quote:
Sometimes its a physical issue, like a connection problem or corroded wiring...very simple...Does the wiring have continuity where it should and the right amount of resistance ?
Agreed, all connections are secure. No idea what the correct resistance should be. Information is NOT out there.

Quote:
Im afraid Im being a bit vague here, but I hate to see you rip the whole thing apart if its something else.
I have trouble believing that the bearings are bad...but you never know. Can these bearings be "demagnetized" by a security check scan by Homeland Security????

best of luck with it!

JP
WHO knows. lol

All I know is, the car went into the shop working fine, but with bad bearings. The wheels were about to fall off. NO JOKE.

Changed bearings, and now neither rear speed sensor works. Replaced both Speed Sensors. and NO change. Ive seen it talked about where bearings were just BAD. I have a set of OEM BMW, which are branded SKF, bearings sitting here, and replacements from the auto store to replace the ones we purchased. We Purchased TIMKEN, which were branded *** on the bearing. The replacements from the store are Beck/Arnley, and I havent gotten my eyes on them yet. So we will see.
Appreciate 0