Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Mine has just been in this week to have this very fault sorted (along with a worn seat bolster but thats another story)

I spoke to the service manager beforehand and asked if I could apply gummi-pflege myself. He advised not to as they use a different product. Anyway, to cut a long story short, they treated the door seals and window rubbers. Fitted anti-rattle tape to the rear 1/4 panel trims, rooflining and parcel shelf as well as adjust the rear doors as apparantly they were loose?!

Car is now as quiet as the day I had it - the service guy did ask me though if I had applied any wax, etc to my door apertures. I said I hadn't but on reflection, I always give the car a quick spray of quick-detail spray after every wash/dry and do wipe the door shuts over, often with the same micro-fibre cloth. I am wondering if I have assisted the creaking by the spray? I am now going to be careful to use just a damp cloth around the door openings.

They also have ordered me a new seat cover and will fit it FOC when it arrives (it is on back order from germany & will take 2 weeks)

Excellent service from BlueBell in Crewe
Glad that it's not just me that's got a squeaky/rattling piece of cr8p. I'll maybe have a word with Sytner when I take my car in for the Alpine upgrade group buy and see if they can sort them out. I just seem to sort out/ignore one rattle and another one appears.

The odd thing is that the back doors are fine? I'm pretty sure that I never got any wax on the rubbers but you never know.
Appreciate 0