WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Aight , I might as well chime in on this. Other than the cosmetic finish, the PPK hardware is included in the 335is. The 335is also has additional engine mounts the regular N54 do not have

The DME and the software is different from other N54 cars regardless if you upgraded to the PPK.

I am probably the only person who has a tuned 335is that has retained the overboost feature and it has a huge advantage down low.

There are tuning tables on the IS, Z435is and 1M that is null for all other N54 cars regardless if upgraded to PPK.

The DCT on this car shifts so fast it makes the new M6 and M5 seem like they are out dated, yes i drove the new M6 and M5 and I did not like the bog in the shifting. The DCT shifting on the IS is much much more refined and sharper.

So if you get the 6mt 335is then yes your just getting a 335i with a PPK , additional motor mounts, and a rebuffed cosmetic look

This cannot be said for the DCT 335is, it just a different animal all together.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Minus DCT it's pretty much the same. But also, I believe dct can be had in a 335i in like germany and a few other european countries. I wonder what exactly is the difference in software? I mean both are pushing out same numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335is808 View Post
BRO MY 335I IS FASTER THEN A M3
(defeats your future argument)
(was secretly hoping for angry 335is owners to flame lolol)
Haha. I started this thread because some folks got angry in another thread that I said my car is basically an IS minus a few things like motor mount, and flywheel. 6mt so dct does not apply. They REALLY got angry. I'm just trying to fully understand the differences. I really am curious as to how the software is different. I get that DME will be different since it's in a newer car but how the software tunes and runs seems the same, as again, it pushes out same numbers.

Anyone got a link that specifically clarifies this from BMW? In my mind, I think BMW came out with the ppk2 and then realized they can package it, call it an IS offer dct as standard and sell the car for a premium. From a marketing/business strategy, it's genius. If you want dct, you have to get an IS but it's cool since you get upgraded hardware and the m-sport package standard. I think when the ppk first came out it was some ridiculous cost but now it can be had for like $1600.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0