07-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #11
Poindexter
Revenge of the Nerds
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBMW
My dealership told me not to expect it til then, if you are correct Im happier with that time frame Thanks

You're both right. Production starts in September for 335i's with iDrive, but only a week's batch will be built immediately - most will be on the next three weeks' runs.....so December will be a very likely time on a few of the first orders in the States.

Figure that if the first ones go into production during the first week of September, then you have a 6-8 week wait you're more than likely going to see the first iDrive 335i's in late October - early November. Figure that a decent sized dealer is only going to get an allocation of 3-6 335i's (could increase) per month and most people who have their iDrive-d 335i's ordered now will probably see theirs in late November - December.......like me, and I am a BMW Dealer.

If my logic is wrong, then our customers are going to be very happy to have their cars show up earlier than we're telling them

Hopefully there will be so many iDrive 335i orders that BMW will make them a priority!

Past Bimmers: E46 M3, E60 M5, and a few Spec E30 race cars
Appreciate 0