Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Wait I thought NCSexpert is a totally different program...You mean I had all the functions already working in the INPA? I guess I dont know how to read German then! I had no idea if you loaded INPA that NCSexpert is already functioning within INPA. Am I understanding this correctly?? Vasillov?

If thats the case I have been driving myself nuts today trying to get it to work, and it was already working! lol
NCSExpert is a totally different program than INPA. However it still uses the same communication layer provided by EDIABAS.

To better illustrate how communication flows:

Car <-> USB Cable <-> USB Port<-> EDIABAS Communication Layer <-> INPA

Or

Car <-> USB Cable <-> USB Port <-> EDIABAS Communication Layer <-> NCSEXPERT

The zip file I provided contains the working set of EDIABAS, INPA and NCSEXpert. The ONLY thing that needs to be set up are the drivers and the USB port settings which is in the DIY pdf file.

Read NCSExpert DIY again. It explains you how things work. When you start NCSEXpert, you need to load a profile before you can do anything with it.