07-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #40
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
The Dinan oil cooler upgrade is a VERY nice option, I wouldn't complain about that... the only bad thing is how much it costs, but you didn't pay for it.

So, I went ahead and looked it up: you need atleast an OEM oil cooler for stage 2 and that is all. I don't know why anyone would get Stage 1 on their car I guess unless they didn't have the stock oil cooler (which I would be kicking and screaming to get it added by the dealership). Stage 3 is where it requires the Dinan oil cooler AND the FMIC. Their axle-back isn't required for anything, just an option.

I would bump it to stage 2 if you are going to keep Dinan. Actually just get the FMIC and go stage 3 at this point. If you are over 50k miles just dump Dinan and get a real tune. Still need a new FMIC tho, stock one sux balls.
Yeah it did come with it stock but I am curious why they sold him the cooler and why he paid for it, but i talked to him and hes a older guy (my dads age) and the car has 23K on it and I do not think I will be upgrading to stage 2 anytime soon. I do have an appointment to get the ecu taken back and a full inspection by bmw.

Quote:
CubanJJ09 when and where was the tuned installed? ( prob patrick in schuamburg, laurel in westmont, or fall line motor sports up in northbrook would be my top three guesses)

also how many miles does the car have on it? id be pissed about not disclosing the tune too but i think at auctions its "as is" so youll be hard pressed to get anything but its always worth a try
the car actually came from Texas and it was done at the dealership out there, I mean what can I do, I am happy with the car, and it did come from BMW auction so I might try to talk to them, but I don't really wanna let the car go ha
Appreciate 0