Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
Super, thanks for confirming my confusion. The tire expert told me that if the stems are rubber then there are no valve stems - I am getting the car next week, so now I simply have to stop by the dealership and look at the cars on the floor to see for myself.

Apparently the "market" is going towards ABS-based monitoring systems (cheaper and just as effective).

Take care
I beg to disagree! Valve stems are instantaneous while ABS is subject to hitting huge potholes where wheels spin unevenly and throw errors (happened!). Cheaper, though? Agree

Plus the technogeek in me gets a hardon seeing that my FL is at 38 psi while FR is at 36 without getting out of dye car. Why do I need a Suburfortas be able to do that?
Yes I agree that the sensors are more accurate. But the ABS still does the job of letting one know of a low tire pressure (variance in excess of 20pc I think).
Appreciate 0