View Single Post
      10-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #21
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

OP, not to sound condescending or anything, but your expectations are unrealistic. First and foremost, in your case, you wouldn't be going to college to find out what you want to do exactly, you'll be going to college to put some weight under your belt.

If you have a degree from a top tier university, there's a much greater chance that you'll find an investor. Just looking ove what you're saying and looking for, IMO, i think you'd be a terrible investment (once again, i'm not trying to put you down, but rather your processes going about trying to find partners)

second,
If you feel that you have a set business plan with all the mathematical and business models developed, WHY NOT go to your parents if you'll yield a "potentially-profitable" income? If they earn a significant return on their investment, especially an investment toward their own son, why would they hold back?

third,
If you made a good $100,000 on ebay, with relative ease, why would you NOT stick with that (for the time that you would've spent going to college), expand that business, and accrue enough revenue to start your own shop?

All in all, IMHO, i think your expectations are short-lived and transitory.

Nonetheless, GL with your endeavors; and if you find an investor, consider my lips sealed.
Appreciate 0