View Single Post
      10-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #4
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. i'm running 19x9.5 275 et23 with a decently low drop in the rear (covers some of the tire), and a roll was enough to stop rubbing. you should have no problem on stock susp with 265 tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorae View Post
Recently, I installed a set of VMR v701's on my e92 (19x9.5 +22 Rears) with a set of 265/30/19 hankooks on them. Despite running on stock suspension, my car rubs frequently when I'm going at speeds excess of 30 mph (sometimes less) over medium bumps or potholes on the road; and trust me, La Jolla has a TON of potholes and road construction that I cant avoid. The only way for me to not rub when I'm driving around is if I slow down to 25 mph, and I'd probably get a ticket that way.

Now the question comes down to, should I shave or roll my fenders? A few friends told me simply rolling them wouldn't be enough, while others tell me rolling will be just fine. I'm also curious as to what are the downsides (or pros/cons) of rolling and shaving the fenders? I know shaving is somewhat extreme since it's definitely irreversible. Is the inside of my fenders prone to rust or deterioration from the shaving?

I'm a total newb at this so any information would help.

I love the aggressive-ness of the wheels so getting smaller wheels isn't an option in my book!
Appreciate 0