CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

I'll just post exactly what I posted somewhere else:

Haha let the $#@! talking begin!

J/K

Here's my perspective.

My single turbo was running great the entire time. I didn't bring any race gas with me so I was running on half 91oct and half 100oct leaded airplane gas. Getting the gas into my car was tricky since the pump was airplane sized.

Wheelspin was a big issue for me the first day. The second day I got it together and figured out how to get a good burnout going without running over the event coordinators.

Overall, everyone was very polite and all the cars were really cool. The best part of the day for me was sitting at the beginning of the runway talking to the drivers about their cars while waiting to race. One guy shoved a single turbo ls7 into an rx-7 and was drag racing it the day after he turned the car on for the first time. He was "breaking it in" at 3psi but couldn't keep his fingers off the dial and turned it up to 8psi.

The runs I saw between Wedge and Terry were close; it was a good match-up. Something is wrong with you car Wedge, it makes way too much freaking power : ) You guys should just agree that both of your cars are really fast and that there are too many variables to argue about bumper lengths.

I don't know why so many people were having problems starting at the same time. There was only one instance where a supercharged M3 jumped the starting line, but came to apologize to me afterward. Sorry I'm terrible with names and can't link them with aliases on the internet. Really nice guy and a really fast car. I'm not sure my car would have beat yours if we had started at the same time anyways Can't wait until you post the video.

Some cars I got to race were modded GTRs, Z06s, a cool girl in a ZR1, a HPF single turbo E46 M3, a Shelby gt500, an upgraded turbo Audi owned by someone who worked for GIAC (you were cool man, I know you are on these forums), one of the 6AT single turbo 335s, and of course some supercharged M3s. I won about half the time, and that goes for the M3s as well. Except the E46 M3 with the 76mm turbo, that guy was lying about his power and upped it to 900 the next day lol.

I had a bunch of my friends there, and they were running around being rowdy and challenging people for me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Terry, I don't know if you remember me, but I was the big read-headed kid sitting in the back of the FFTEC crowd next to the beat up white 335i. My drunk friends we're saying "he'll race you!" pointing to the 700 number on my car. You were busy talking to the other Vishnu/FFTEC guys and I was already set up to race a GTR anyways. I would have raced you man! I tried to race everyone who asked. Anytime you want a ride or maybe even want to give it a test drive let me know

My favorite run of the whole day was the very last one, against Robert in his stripped out modded Z06 corvette from Vishnu. His car weighed 3200lbs with him in it and dynoed at about the same horsepower as mine. We both spun our tires to heat them up on the way out. We hit the starting line at a dead even start and both got wheelspin (like every run, there was dust everywhere). He fishtailed hard and I remember looking sideways at him thinking "is he going to hit me?". It was surreal, and awesome. At first I thought I was going to have him, I just had more torque than he did an started pulling away. But in the top end he edged my out and beat me by about a car length. I remember looking down at the speedo at the finish line and seeing it pegged at 160 (doesn't go higher). It felt like the fastest run of the day.

Overall, one of the sickest event's I've been to. My car has now survived two hard track weekends in a row road racing at Laguna Seca and drag racing at Shift S3ctor. My tires are effed, my front left fender is held together with duct tape, and the front right fender has been evaporated into dust so now the fender is shaped like an oval. Maybe it's time for an oil change. I'm getting some custom wide-body fenders this week, then back to Laguna later in December if anyone wants to join me.