View Single Post
      09-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

If BMW Canada says it's fine. I don't see any issues at all. You will just need the selling dealer to prep all the paper works and once they are signed and arrange for transport to your home province, then you can pick it up at your local bmw dealer.

I knew someone who had done this but it's a cash deal, therefore, BMW Canada was not needed to approve such arrangement. That person lived in Alberta and bought in BC and signed the purchase & sale agreement by email. However, the person still traveled to BC to verify the car and condition before transport and signed off on it in person before flying back to Alberta and waited about 1 week for delivery and picked up the car at the local bmw dealership, without any issues at all.

On another example I came across last year was at a Porsche dealership, I was chatting with a sales guy about a beautiful 911 GT3 RS 4.0 sitting on the showroom floor and he said it was just sold and the sales guy disclosed the buyer was from Vancouver BC and he just called in to buy without ever seeing it at all in person and they did the paper work by email, the dealer will prep all the necessary documents for the new owner and ship it to BC Porsche dealer there so the owner can pick it up.

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-27-2013 at 07:12 PM.