View Single Post
      06-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
TeeJay3580
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Exclamation FUEL PUMP recall and "other" service work completed A++++++ for the dealer

Well guys, i did it, and without removin a thing. Things on my Bimmer consist of: Piggy, DPs, Full Exhaust, FMIC, GruppeM, DVs and the most questionable "vaccum manifold."

Monday afternoon i took a little trip to a NEW dealership about an hour from the house. No longer likin the old dealer / service dept. It was personal thing. So i went and dropped my car off and got my loaner. Even though they are the same car, they felt like night and day, and i'm not talkin about the horses either.

I ended up stayin in the area for a little while and i got a fone call from my SA regarding my "performance modifications." He said he would need to charge me extra to take the items out under the hood to get to the fuel pump. I Said " You do realize that you would have to take those same parts out to do it anyway, right?" After the whole "Im tryin to help you out, and BMW is really crackin down." the whole 9 BS. I told him that i'll sign a release of liability of the shop and come in and take what needs to be taken out and put it back in. "I'll show ur machanics a few things and we'll be even, i wont even charge for the lesson." At this point, he is gettin a little ticked off and asked if i was still in the area, to come in and me, him, and the boss(service manager) would sit and discuss this.

So i get there, service manager is such a nice guy, right off the bat he says " You probably know more about this car then we do!" No, sir, not me... Once i explain my point about taking the same parts out, then the would a bone stock car. They just look a lil different. As me and the Manager are BSing, the SA was gettin even MORE Hottt. Manager said he really appriciated me comin all that way and giving them a chance to do my service work. Then the SA is like, " Well, what if it takes us some extra time to pull these unfamilar parts off, or we brake something?" Manager replys, "Just take what ever extra labor and give it to me. I'll take it outta the SO and SO fund."

So, for the service dept @ ________ in the Tri-State area. Sorry guys, you know about the spies.

Oh, and BTW, either then didn't update my DME or it dont smell the piggy.

*sorry for any misspelled words or wrong terms, i didnt get hooked on fonix like the rest of ya*
Appreciate 0