06-12-2007, 06:52 AM   #180
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So how much does the dealer charge to change the oil and how long does it take them?

Also, what about the transmission fluid and differential fluid? Should I have those changed at 1200 miles when I get the original oil changed?

Do I need to tell the dealer not to reset the computer so that I get my free oil change at 15K? I plan on doing my oil changes at 7,500 miles.

Thanks
Aprox $90-$120 and about a hour, depends on the workload they have for the day. My dealer gives me loaner cars while doing all work on the car. So I have a choice between 325i, 328xi and X3

Go thru the owners manual, it has a recommended fluid change invtervals in miles on it for the transmission and diff fluid.

You can change the oil without going to the dealer, apparently the tech might reset it since it's part of their normal rountie with oil changes. Do that and the next oil change won't be covered by BMW unless it's once a year or 15,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0