Thread: LPFP Tech info
View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #77
SassyMcSass
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
None taken about scammed/not scammed. Indeed that is up to me, and indeed you should not care. However, this is in contrast to the efforts you're making to publicize your discontent, which is a lot more than simply asking for data.

You're not being concise. Let me help you. Is this what you want?

1: Volume flow rate of the upgraded system
2: Precisely what pressures the different fuel pumps run at

Shiv has a history of not being super fast with data coming out, and, much like the single turbo kit, data tends to trickle out. It is rash to attribute this to malice or shady salesmanship. The proper way to handle this is to be patient and occasionally ask for updates. I never understand why a perceived lack of data always has to be a conspiracy. He'll probably get around to it, as every sponsor on this forum has done, eventually. Until then, you're filibustering. :P
I don't think my posts are holding up judgment on this fuel system upgrade. If anything your posts are attempting delay judgment. So accusing me of filibustering maybe isn't the best analogy here. Maybe we can agree to disagree on much of this argument as we're both repeating ourselves.

In terms of what data I would like to see, it would be effective flow rates. So FFTEC would recreate the fueling system including the length and diameter of the line used, the OEM fuel pressure regulator, the much debated venturi valves, and anything else that would impact effective flow. Ideally we would have a restrictor at the end of the fuel line that matches the small inlet of the high pressure fuel pump. The test bench would be run at the OEM duty cycle and voltage. This would give us a real world test platform for the pumps beyond discussing the manufacturers open flow specifications.

Then using this test bench they would flow test an original well worn pump, a new OEM pump, a walbro pump, the walpro pump inline with the well worn OEM pump, and the walbro pump inline with the new OEM pump.
Appreciate 0