View Single Post
      04-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
335Newbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E92

Did this ever happen to anyone ?

I took my wife to a concert Friday evening and parked in the ramp garage next to the theater. At the conclusion we went to the car, started it up, got into the line exiting, and low and behold the line came to a complete freaking stop as we started down the ramp. There we sit. Butt end up, motor idling, and going nowhere. Can't go forward to a level area, can't go back. Now, after what seems like eternity, the oil warning comes on with the usual instructions about getting it to a dealer to be checked, oil low, etc.

Get it to a dealer? My butt. I can't go down the ramp. Hell, I can't back up. Now I'm getting nervous about possible engine damage from oil starvation.

After what seemed like forever we started moving. Finally out on the highway, I'm staring at the dash waitng for the warning to go off. It does after 7-8 minutes and I exhale relief.

Is it possible that the engine was still getting sufficient oil even though the warning came up?

Your constructive comments would be appreciated.