10-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #50
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
The OP has pretty much asked for ideas on how to approach this girl. He's had the opportunity for a month and hasn't had any reasonable ideas so far so it sounds like he needs a couple 'tricks' don't you think?
He needs to find the mental fortitude to just talk to her. If he's really having that much trouble even starting, then all the tricks in the world won't help. The only recommendation I can make for getting over shyness or the jitters, is to start talking to women he finds attractive every opportunity he gets. It'll be a crash course in rejection, and getting over it, of sorts. After being rejected several times, you learn that it's not really that bad.

You develop the "well, the worst that can happen is I get shot down" mentality. After that happens, you lose your fear. Once you lose your fear, you become more confident. [Jesus, I sound like yoda]. There's a certain nonchalance that actually helps start up conversations, and keep them going. After a certain amount of practice at the art of conversation, you lose the awkwardness, and develop the finesse that you mentioned.

So if the OP really has that much trouble even approaching this woman, I'd tell him to start talking to every woman he finds attractive until he's no longer afraid of it. It really boils down to one thing, and that is when you get rejected you haven't really lost anything. You didn't "have" the intended recipient of your advances to begin with, so you lose nothing by trying to start up a conversation and finding out she's not interested in you.
Appreciate 0