View Single Post
      06-10-2005, 05:42 AM   #11
yashi_330
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron1011
I recently read an article in Eurotuner (crap magazine) with Mr. Dinan himself. He mentioned that the new BMW engines will be very difficult to extract any extra power from them using software. He said that BMW has built an almost perfect motor. Technology has gotten to the point where there is very little variables left to 'tinker' with. He also mentioned that 'bolt-ons' will be the only area that people will be able to add any performance to.

Personally, I agree and disagree with him.... I agree that BMW has made a fine motor and I don't believe that there is going to be any more power to massage out of the motor using software. I disagree, however, that bolt-ons will be the answer. I have always thought it was a load of crap when aftermarket companies claim all this extra power from using there $1500.00 exhaust system. That's basically saying, "BMW engineers make the best motors in the world, but they really screwed the pooch when they designed this pipe that goes out the back of the car..." Think about it, do you honestly believe that BMW didn't tune this car as whole unit, and not the individual parts? The only reason for getting an exhaust these days is if you want to improve the sound.

I personally think the only way to get anymore power is with forced induction. Of course there is a substantial price to be paid for that.
take a look at this
http://www.bhp-motorsport.de/chiptun...gfahrzeug=1763
Appreciate 0