View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13' e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Help!! Car Problems~Limp mode & Valve Problem??

Hey Everyone,

I am in some desperate need of some information as this autobody shop is trying to screw me over. A month ago I had BMS power box and AFE intake installed in my 2007 328xi e90.

Scenario:

Yesterday I was driving home on the highway when I hit a hard bump (couldn't maneuver out of the way fast enough) and after I hit the bump, my nav screen went blank and then right after it came back on it said I had the following problems:
1) Brake pads were worn to minimum and needed to be replaced
2) Engine Malfunction- Car could operate but at reduced power

Over the course of 30 min I could not get my car above 10mph when flooring it (I couldnt pull over b/c I was on the bay bridge)

Got my car towed to an auto-body shop and they are telling me that I need to install my stock air box b/c the codes that are triggering red flags relate to the airbox.

I have never heard of a new intake triggering these kind of flags and I think the shop is wrong and are trying to take adv. of me. My guess is that the CPU short-circuited maybe because the battery shifted when I hit the bump?

Can anyone provide some help insight before I call another tow to get my car to another shop?

Thanks!

Last edited by TYNKUP; 07-09-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0