Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccurdy21 View Post
Bought my 2007 335xi 3 months ago with 56k on the odo, started hearing a ticking noise and was promptly brought to this thread by the search.

So, yesterday I dropped her off at my local BMW dealer for them to do the battery cable recall and inspect the car for the rattle after revving. I know what it is based on the hordes of videos here, sounds exactly like many others.

I just heard back from my SA and she says it'll be $4100 to fix and it is that the "waste gate seat" that is worn. I asked about the TSB and she said, yeaaah, we can't cover it because your car is modified...?!? wtf!! The only mods I know of are a borla exhaust and the car is lowered.

I asked her to get me a list of the "modifications".

Tell me, guys, what do I do next. FWIW, I do have a 4 year 40k extended warranty from the dealer that I purchased the car from. and, unfortunately, my 3 mo 3k warranty from them has expired so I can't go throw it back into their face.

SA also said, with my extended warranty that she wouldn't come out and tell them that it is modified unless they asked... which, they probably will.

Any advice from you guys? I know many of you have been in a similar battle.
Asked them to prove that the exhaust caused the waste gate rattle and the drop kit. Did you add that stuff after you bought the car?

good read:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0