07-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #61
LaXNTiGA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i - Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by notasensei View Post
Great minds think alike what year STi did u have?

I have Mpkg/Sport suspension on my 328i...it is pretty solid. Compliant, comfortable and handles well.
Yooo, I had a 2007 STi in SWP (Hawkeye).
It came with aps tbe and a cobb intake.

I took it to cobb and got a protune for it and the stage 2 intake (just added the box really lol). It was fun! I did sways, new rotors and pads w/ ss lines all around. Fun little car. Pretty fast too.

I miss the torque really, the STi has a sense of urgency compared to the NA engines where you have to crank it up. AWD Turbo really launches you from a stop.

I made the right choice though, I wanted something more classy, comfortable and a car I can turn the AC on and not have to worry about. I get twice the MPG than the STi too. No more ricers or dumb truck drivers wanting to go, revving their engine at me. No more stupid AUDI fanboy's trying to race me on the highway (what's the point? See who can get their license suspended first?).

Since I'm back on the other side, the grass is starting to look more green on the other side. I think I'm just going to pick up a Miata again, to whip around on nice days.

There are fun cars, and then there are fun convertibles. Anyone who drove their vert top down on a nice cool night with clear skies down a little nice path knows exactly what I'm talking about. Car, you, fresh cool air, the stars above you, attacking them corners, shear driving pleasure.
Appreciate 0