Thread: 2004 5.7l Gto
View Single Post
      05-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #19
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

A stock, well driven LS1 GTO on street tires will turn 13.4-13.6 second 1/4 mile times in decent weather.

A stock, well driven LS2 GTO will turn 13.0-13.3 second 1/4 miles times in decent weather.

With intake, exhaust, and a good tune, they'll dip into the high 12s, and go mid 12s with drag radials. They're tricky to launch, but they're VERY fast on the top end for a car turning those times. I'd regularly get beaten at the strip by a couple of Mustangs that I'd just walk away from on a street start. They' tend to have some pretty severe wheel hop at the strip that forces you to launch soft or risk backpeddling.

A well driven x35i with a JB3 on it is going to give them more than they can handle if they're stock. Putting the GTO past the mid 12s is going to require some form of forced induction, spray, or changing the cam and heads and then tuning for it. There are street driven FI cars out there that will run low 10s all day long and then drive home, but that's all a matter of how much money you want to throw at them. A 6L engine gives you plenty of room to play with.
Appreciate 0