Thread: Pot hole death
View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
mechanixhorseman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Pot hole death

[posted this in the CA forum, but figured the rest of you may get a kick out of this]

So while letting the wife drive (first mistake, I know) the 335 to LAX, she hit an epic pothole at 75mph, completely destroying my front right forgestar F14 and damaging the rear right and both tires (see photos). As anyone can see the front tire doesn't hold any air and these are not runflats. Amazingly enough she drove the whole two hours worth from LAX like this with no air in the tire (she doesn't know any better apparently). I think this probably speaks for how quality of a tire the Michelin Super Sports are.

Anyways... I was hoping there might be a charitable member in the socal area that might be willing to loan me their extra set of wheels and tires until I can get replacements from forgestar. I'd figure out some sort of collateral if necessary. I'm not picky by any means, so long as they roll. We've got two jobs and now only one vehicle =/

Has anyone had any success with claims against the state for potholes? She didn't bother to stop and photograph it, or even remember exactly where it was. I'm thinking discount tire may replace the tires under the road hazard warranty. Am I SOL?

///2007 335i Coupe Space Metal Gray///Sports///Premium///6AT///Piano Black Forgestar 18" F14 8.5" front 10" rear///JB3///Cooling Mist CMGS Methanol Kit///aFe DCI///Stett Chargepipe///Tial BOV///BSH Oil Catch Can