09-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #47
kenntona
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E92 335 Coupe

Garage List
2007 335 Coupe  [0.00]
Thanks to all for the compliments, bros.

Fact is, the shipment of my car was delayed for 2 months - hence I had a long lead time in planning my mods. I will be taking few more shots this weekend, pending the next few mods - blackout window trims, blackout kidney grilles and installation of the Vorsteiner spoiler.

OC 335i & ///AFRO - unfortunately I have yet to record a sound clip of the SS exhaust. It has a humming drone at idling RPMs and gets slightly more metallic at higher revs. If not for legality issues here, I would have gotten the Eisenmann Quads with cat removed. Only SS, Remus, Sebring, ACS, and few other brands are legal here. Illegal exhaust mods carry heavy punitive fines over here.

OC 335i - I painted the diffuser matt charcoal. Some extensive works have been done to elongate the diffuser - it could only have fitted with the Hamann tips. The other exhaust tips would be spaced either too near or too far apart between the left and right pairs of tips. The other alternative is to adjust the spacing between the tips - if indeed possible - to fit the rear diffuser. Note that I have installed the quads and cut my rear valance before the diffuser arrived - that was one big mistake !!! Should have reversed that order.

cipher5 - I doubt the BBK will clear the stock rims.

jmramos44 - I have few shots of the rear sways installed, but they were all under-exposed.

OC 335i & cyba - Car ownership in Singapore is expensive. The government imposes a high tax regime on cars, and attempts to keep cars within a 10-year lifespan. The end result is fast adoption of new models with a high price tag. The typical 335i coupe costs S$240K (or about US$160K) from the authorised dealer, and S$210K (US$140K) from parallel importers. The E93 335 costs S$265K (US$176K) from authorised dealer and S$240 from parallel importer. Crazy prices. To put it into perspectives, the Maserati Gran Turismo is selling for S$420K (US$280K) and the F599 GTB Fiorano costs S$1.05m (US$700K) here.

No prizes for guessing who are the rich coffers here with all the taxes squeezed......