View Single Post
      06-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #77
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Mine started working like that right away ... and then I fought with the stealer over activation, they wanted $250 just for activation. Finally settled on $100 after calling them out on what it is they have to do for activation ... and after they had my car ALL damn day before bothering to start the software update and then telling me they'd need the car another day, but no loaner for you so sorry. Needless to say I wasn't pleased. After much bitching they miraculously got it working.

But the downside is, somehow they activated the alarm so that it has audible notification but it's not available as an option in the settings. I have the choice of setting it to flash the lights or not flash the lights, but no matter what it chirps. I don't have that third option to turn the audible on or off.

No matter, but somehow they were able to hard code that without updating the software. I highly doubt they got the software on my car updated in 40min (I don't have idrive and don't know how to check it without that so I've never bothered to look either). My guess is you don't really *need* to have the software updated to activate the alarm ... I've dealt with service depts before that have done some shady crap. My guess is, since every time I asked the price for activation changed, that they're billing BMW under warranty for the software update and then charging the customer cash.
Appreciate 0