BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post

AMEX I've always been at a loss for though, I have no idea what happened there.
A similar thing happened with me and Chase bank. In college my mom would go and deposit money every 2 weeks or so. One day I get a call from her saying that Chase is telling her the account has been closed, and since it's obviously not her account, they can't tell her why.

I went into the local branch and they said it had been closed due to a month prolonged negative balance. I say this is impossible, I had been using my debit card quite frequently the past month with no issues, and monitoring everything and while I had overdrafted once about 1.5 months earlier, I had immediately re-established good standing in the account and was in the black the next day when I realized it. This shouldn't have been an issue, had my savings and checking accounts been linked for overdraft protection like I had signed up for. Once before when my card was stolen, I noticed it wasn't linked and went in to get it resolved, was assured it had, yet it clearly wasn't.

Anyway, the local branch said that they couldn't do anything about it except tell me why it was closed, so I immediately opened another checking/savings account before this one got reported to the credit bureaus and I wouldn't be able to. I'm still fighting (a losing battle) to get it taken off my credit report. I have provided statements (that they actually provided me) of the activity in that period they claim I was overdrawn, including purchases in 4 different states as I was travelling at the time, and never was I overdrawn or never once did I have an issue with the card.

This is quickly becoming TL;DR, but they also used this as an excuse to float my tax return for nearly a year. I had e-filed, and in between filing and getting the return, they close the account. So I call and see how to proceed, they say the gov't will attempt to deposit it in a closed account, the deposit will bounce back, and they will issue a physical check. Which never arrives. Call after call to Chase saying the sent it back and the IRS saying they haven't received it, it finally takes a conference call between all 3 parties, which I have my lawyer recording, for the IRS to go on record saying they never received the deposit back from Chase. Chase had been holding it for 10 months or so, and I would have to get them to issue me a money order in a local branch. So I go try and do that. Immediately, I am given shit, saying this isn't how it works, etc. etc... I say I have a recording of the conversation by my lawyer between myself, the IRS, and Chase, low and behold the bank manager is summoned, 5min later I'm walking out with my tax return, and depositing it into BofA, who I've yet to have a problem with.

CSB
Appreciate 0