calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
DIY-PIAA/BREX angel lights

went I got my PIAA angel ligths I figured out that the manual was on japanese only

so here is a little DIY that I did for you guys

1- wait for the engine to cold down ( I learn the hard way) if the engine is cold go to step 2

2- under the headlight housing on the passenger side there is going to be a small cover for the angel lights ( see pictures )

3- after removing the cover for the angel lights, with a torx screwdriver remove the 2 screws that hold the OEM angel light, SAVE them you will need them ( the PIAA set does not come with any screws)

4-take out the original halogen bulb ( see picture)

5- take out the lent ( if you are installing brex you don't need to take out the lents)

6- connect the new angel light ( PIAA or BREX) and turn on your parking lights to see if it works

7- if it work put everything together and put the cover back

now he hard part !!! you have two options 1 remove the intake or jack up the car. (option 2 is the quickest and easiest way )

1- jack up the car ( if you prefer to take the intake I don't know how to do it so I can't help you sorry )

2- remove all the screws ( they are not screws see pictures I just don't know how to say it in english SORRY )

3- take out the big plastic cover in front of the wheel.

now you can see the whole headlight

4- remove the angel light cover

5- repeat step 3 to 7 of the driver side.

6- put the plactic cover back and lower the car

7- enjoy your new angel lights

PD: I also did a little video here is the link you can see the video instead of reading the info above

here is the link for the video http://www.youtube.com/v/czHzO9MjUJA

sorry for my bad english
Attached Images

Last edited by calvino; 09-04-2006 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0