Second Lieutenant
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E93 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
E90 - Door Open Warning while Driving

Hey Guys,

All of a sudden, while driving to Badplaas on Friday afternoon the car starts to BEEP and throw a door open signal. Its not limited to one door. Each time it throws the error its a different door.

The doors are closed, i stopped on the side of the road, opened and closed the doors again. The doors lock as normal @ 20km/h.

When it throws the signal, the interior lights come on for a brief second or 2 and then go off. It does this with the car switched off also.

Now the wierd part is, this only happens if my headlights are on. In any position (park lights or driving), it throws the door open signal. If i switch off my headlights, no Beeps and Bongs... If i switch the car off, switch the headlights on, it does the same but no error, the interior lights just come on every few seconds.

Also, when it does throw the error, if i come to a stop. Then take off again, at 20km/h it locks the doors (even though they are locked).

I have tried to google, i dont think others have experienced this issue. Any idea's for a beep and bong clear?

The bong for 3 odd hours is annoying!!!

Thank in Advance
Arbee

@arbee_drives on Instagram
2009 BMW E93 M3
2008 Volkswagen Golf MK5 GTI
2018 Ford Edge Sport
Appreciate 0